Ontario Potato Research Open HousePrint this page
August 11, 2021
6182 2nd Line, Pilkington Township
N0B 1B0 RR#2, Ariss, ON
43° 38' 27.0456" N, 80° 24' 18.6948" W
Where: Elora Research Station
When: Wednesday Aug. 11, 2021
Time: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, rain orshine!
Everyone who is interested in potato research is invited to come see the new variety demonstration plots in the field.
Chipping, fresh market and French fry lines will be on display. This includes elite selections from the National Potato Breeding Program AAFC, promising lines from Michigan State, Wisconsin and more. The plots will only be on display from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Researchers from the University of Guelph will be on hand to discuss their work!
- New Variety trials: Vanessa Currie
- Potato Early Dying: Griffin Bailey
- Potato Starch: Dr. Ian Tetlow and Victoria Butler
- Colorado Potato Beetle: Dr. Angela Gradish and Graham Ansell
Here’s what you need to know to safely visit our research station.
- No access to the station buildings. A portable toilet will be available.
- No lunch available this year. Water and pop will be offered.
- No tour wagon this year. You must drive directly to the plots in your own vehicle. Directions and signs will be visible.
- Visitors must provide contact information upon arrival at the station
- Please RSVP to Vanessa Currie at email@example.com
Print this page