AgAnnex’s 2021 Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture announced
April 26, 2021 By Bree Rody
Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture (IWCA) is a recognition program designed to honour, highlight and celebrate the work women are doing across Canada’s agriculture industry.
Following a successful launch in 2020, readers once again nominated Canadian women working in all aspects of agriculture, from farming and research to animal health, sales and marketing. We are excited to present the seven women chosen as the 2021 Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture.
Please join us in congratulating:
- Andrea McKenna, farmer and manager, East Prince Agri-Environment Association, P.E.I.
- Leona Staples, president, The Jungle Farm Ltd., Alberta
- Tina Widowski, professor, Egg Farmers of Canada Research Chair, Ontario
- Noura Ziadi, research scientist, AAFC-Quebec Research and Development Centre, Quebec
- Crystal Mackay, founder/CEO of Loft32 and Utensil, Ontario
- Simone Demers Collins, professional home economist, SDC Consulting, Alberta
- Ellen Sparry, general manager, C&M Seeds, Ontario
These seven women will share their stories, wisdom and insight in the IWCA podcast series on AgAnnex Talks, a podcast channel presented by Top Crop Manager, Potatoes in Canada, Canadian Poultry, Fruit & Vegetable, Drainage Contractor and Manure Manager magazines. The first episode will air on June 14, and new episodes will follow biweekly after that. Subscribe today wherever you listen to podcasts.
This year’s IWCA program will culminate with a virtual event in October, bringing together women from across the industry to share in their experiences, offer guidance and advice in an interactive setting. Stay tuned to agwomen.ca for more details!
The team behind IWCA wishes to extend a sincere thank you to our audiences for participating in the program, and to our sponsors for their support.
Print this page